Based in Capalaba, we service the whole Everton Park, Everton Hills, Mitchelton and Enoggera corridor.
Everton Park takes its name from the residence of pioneer settlers William James and Ambrose McDowall, who named their home Everton after a suburb of Liverpool, England. The district was originally known as Bunyaville before adopting the Everton Park name.
View Area →Everton Hills takes its name from neighbouring Everton Park, both named after Everton Lodge on South Pine Road, and was formally separated and named in 1979.
View Area →Mitchelton is home to Mitchelton Football Club, founded in 1920 and the second oldest registered soccer club in Brisbane, and the suburb's Brookside Shopping Centre serves the wider Hills District.
View Area →Gaythorne split from the much larger suburb of Enoggera in the late 1990s, and sits on the slopes of Enoggera Hill, adjoining the Enoggera Barracks with many streets named after World War I battles.
View Area →Enoggera's name likely derives from the Turrbal word Euogerra, meaning sing-play or song and dance, referring to a ceremonial gathering place, and the suburb has been home to the Enoggera Army Barracks, now Gallipoli Barracks, since 1910.
View Area →Ashgrove takes its name from the 200-acre Grove Estate developed by F.F. Holmes and subdivided in the 1880s, with records showing ash trees grew profusely throughout the district.
View Area →The Gap takes its name from its position in the valley between Mount Coot-tha and Enoggera Hill, both part of the Taylor Range - literally the gap between the two.
View Area →Ferny Grove was originally known as Ferny Flats for the ferns growing along Kedron Brook, before the railway station adopted the name Ferny Grove in 1916 to avoid confusion with a Ferny Flats in New South Wales.
View Area →Ferny Hills developed as a residential extension of Ferny Grove on the northern side of Kedron Brook, and together with Arana Hills and Everton Hills makes up what locals call the Hills District.
View Area →Keperra's name comes from a Yuggera word for a young man, believed to reference initiation ceremonies once performed at bora rings that stood within the suburb.
View Area →Arana Hills was first subdivided in 1937 and marketed from 1957 as the Camden Park estate, before being renamed Arana Hills in 1962, arana being a word of welcome.
View Area →Alderley takes its name from Alderley Edge in Cheshire, England, and has had its own post office since 1878. The Raymont family planted Brisbane's first vineyard here in the 1860s.
View Area →Grange takes its name from the Grange Tannery and Fellmongery Company, established in the 1860s along Kedron Brook, and was formally established as its own suburb in 1975.
View Area →Wilston takes its name from Wilston House, built around 1876 for mercantile broker William Wilson and designed by architect James Cowlishaw, a prominent landmark overlooking the district.
View Area →Newmarket was originally known as Three Mile Scrub for its distance from the city, before taking its current name around 1880 when Brisbane's livestock saleyards relocated here, becoming known simply as the new market.
View Area →Stafford was originally known as Happy Valley before residents petitioned to rename it Stafford in 1885-86, after Staffordshire in England.
View Area →Stafford Heights is named for sitting on higher ground than neighbouring Stafford, with the Heights name used locally from the 1950s before the suburb was formally gazetted in 1975.
View Area →Chermside West takes its name from neighbouring Chermside, itself named to honour Sir Herbert Chermside, who became Governor of Queensland in 1902. Parts of the suburb were formerly known as Craigslea.
View Area →Kedron takes its name from Kedron Brook, itself named by early German missionaries after the biblical Kedron River. Queensland's first Supreme Court judge, Alfred Lutwyche, named his own residence Kedron Lodge after the creek.
View Area →Wavell Heights began developing through the 1930s and 40s, with the West Nundah Methodist Church opening its first building here in 1938 to serve the growing local community.
View Area →McDowall was named in honour of Colonel John McDowall, a distinguished early settler of the district, after local residents specifically requested the suburb take the same name as the newly opened McDowall State School in 1975.
View Area →Bridgeman Downs takes its name from Henry St John Bridgeman, who purchased land bounded by Albany Creek Road, Bridgeman Road and Beams Road back in November 1860.
View Area →Aspley takes its name from the property of early settler John Morris, whose allotment was purchased in 1865, with the district originally known by the name of Little Cabbage Tree Creek.
View Area →Zillmere was named in 1888 after Zilman Waterholes, itself named for Johann Leopold Zillmann, one of the German Lutheran missionaries who established Queensland's first mission station at nearby Zion Hill in 1838.
View Area →Geebung takes its name from its railway station, itself named after the fruit of the Persoonia media plant, known as jibung in the Dharug language.
View Area →Virginia sits between Nundah and Zillmere in Brisbane's north, within the traditional lands of the Turrbal people, and like much of the surrounding district was originally farmed to supply market garden produce to the growing city.
View Area →Nundah was originally known as German Station, home to Queensland's first free European settlement, established by German Lutheran missionaries in 1838. It later took the name Nundah, an Aboriginal word describing a chain of waterholes.
View Area →Wooloowin's name is thought to come from a local Aboriginal word for either a pigeon or a species of fish, and the suburb was once home to Queensland's first Supreme Court judge, Alfred Lutwyche, at his residence Kedron Lodge.
View Area →Lutwyche was named after Alfred Lutwyche, a judge of the Supreme Court of New South Wales appointed to Moreton Bay when Queensland was granted self-government in 1859.
View Area →Kelvin Grove takes its name from a residence built in 1868 by Dr Joseph Bancroft, a renowned botanist, who named the property after Kelvin Grove Park in Glasgow, Scotland.
View Area →